MDS BlogThe Latest in IT Innovation
Uber has hired its first chief privacy officer, as well as a former TomTom executive in charge, ensuring the ride-hailing company complies with the EU’s data protection laws.read more
23 NYCRR Part 500 officially went into effect on March 1, 2017. Almost one year later, on February 15, 2018, all covered entities were required to submit the first certification of compliance under 23NYCRR. On March 1st, covered entities had to be compliant with Sections 500.04(b), 500.05, 500.09. 500.12, and 500.14(b). The next major deadline will take place on September 3, 2018 as the eighteen-month transitional period ends, and covered entities are required to be compliance with the remaining 23NYCRR’s sections (specifically 500.08, 500.13, 500.13(a) and 500.15).read more
The Go offers the look and feel of Microsoft’s larger Surface tablets in a 10-inch package that weighs just over a pound and costs $399. That’s half the cost of the cheapest Surface Pro tablet and comparable to Samsung’s 9.7-inch Galaxy Tab S2, but still $70 more than the 9.7-inch iPad.read more
2018 is the year of decentralized database. Cryptocurrency dominated the first half of this year, with bitcoin stopping short of $20,000 at its peak. But what about the technology behind bitcoin? What do we know about blockchain?read more
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 —The toughest privacy bill in the nation is here. Despite lobbying effort by special interest groups, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 has been signed by Governor Jerry Brown and the bill will take effect at the...read more
The German government this week signed a letter of intent with Airbus and Volkswagen’s Audi unit to test a flying machine in and around Audi’s home city of Ingolstadt.read more
- 19: Uber hires first chief privacy officer in light of GDPR
- 18: 5 Things You Need to Know about the September DFS Deadlines (23 NYC 500)
- 11: Microsoft unveils Surface Go to take on iPad
- 05: Blockchain for Beginners: 5 Things You Should Know
- 02: California passes landmark data privacy bill to protect consumers
- 21: Germany plans to put Airbus and flying taxi concept in the sky
- 20: Bithumb Hacked – $30 Million In Cryptocurrency Stolen (0)
- 14: Step by Step Guide To Set Up Office 365 Videos (0)
- 13: Step by Step Guide to Set Up Office 365 for Business (0)
- 11: Net neutrality is dead — what now?
- 31: Why Are We So Bad at Cybersecurity? It’s Mostly Neglect.
- 27: What to do if you missed the GDPR deadline
- 25: VPNFilter Botnet
- 18: How can Office 365 phishing threats be addressed?
- 14: 5 big challenges that edge computing can resolve
- 19: VMware to end General Support for ESXi 5.5 September 2018
- 04: How to Become GDPR Compliant in 10 Steps
- 30: Suspected WannaCry attack hits Boeing, Facebook will give out less data, and more trending news
- 20: Warning – Embrace Windows as a Service now or feel the pain later
- 12: Microsoft Teams will integrate with Cortana, add transcription and translation features
- 08: Church of England puts a stop to ransomware with Darktrace
- 05: How to Meet DFS 23 NYCRR 500 Cyber Security Regulation
- 26: New York is Quietly Working to Prevent a Major Cyber Attack
- 13: Best Ransomware Prevention Practices
- 13: The New Microsoft Team’s means it’s is Better Than Ever
- 12: “It’s not you, it’s me!”
- 12: 10,000,000 Cyber Attack
- 09: How To Protect Yourself From the iPhone Source Code Leak
- 08: 5 Top Machine Learning Use Cases for Security
- 02: US Data Breaches Hit All-Time High
- 29: Facebook starts polishing its privacy messaging ahead of GDPR
- 29: Hey Alexa, Am I Under Attack?
- 26: Ford files a patent for an autonomous police car
- 11: Rolling with the Punches
- 11: The Future of Intelligent Communications
- 05: Everything You Should Know about Meltdown & Spectre
- 22: Bitcoin Tumbles More than 25% as Sharks ‘Beginning to Circle
- 18: Needle in the Haystack (0)
- 15: Everyday Artificial Intelligence
- 15: Hey Cortana, Schedule My Meeting!
- 13: Did You Know: Azure Active Directory Connect Vulnerability
- 11: It Can Only Be Attributed to Human Error
- 08: Why Is Bitcoin Price So High?
- 20: Your Email is Getting Smarter: LinkedIn integrations in Outlook.com
- 01: A Look at Microsoft’s Future in Cybersecurity
- 23: Getting Better All the Time
- 19: How to fix the KRACK WPA Wifi Vulnerability (0)
- 19: Ensuring Application Security With VMware AppDefense
- 16: Amazon and Microsoft Join Forces on A.I, Leaving Google Behind
- 16: Should I Update? Windows 10 Fall Creators Cheat Sheet
- 12: Too Many Passwords, Too Little Time (0)
- 06: Spectrum of Risk & Mobile Security
- 26: A Million Years in a Second
- 26: Decrypt Marsjoke aka Polyglot (0)
- 26: Decrypt Marlboro (0)
- 19: Less of Moore’s Law?
- 11: Shelter from the Storm: Disaster Recovery
- 08: Is There Anybody Out There?
- 08: A Touch of Evil
- 07: Please Put That On His Tab
- 01: Farming in the Cloud
- 28: Artificially Intelligent Green Energy? Yes!
- 25: How to meet GDPR in 5 Steps
- 24: We Are The Robots (0)
- 24: PIA DPIA Assessment (0)
- 21: See You on the Bright Side of the Moon
- 17: Beam Me Up Scotty
- 16: Should I build a million dollar wall around a two dollar asset?
- 15: To Wi-Fi or Not to Wi-Fi
- 14: Don’t Be Long in the Tooth!
- 10: Schrödinger’s Cat and Quantum Cryptology
- 10: What Skype Can Do for You, Today.
- 08: NIST – Time to Comply!
- 07: Do You Have an Incidence Response Team?
- 03: Identity is the New Security
- 01: Introducing Microsoft 365
- 31: Nobody is Safe
- 27: SEC OCIE | Cybersecurity Ransomware Alert
- 27: CASB
- 25: GDPR – Don’t Tread On My Data
- 24: Ransomware: Only A Click Away
- 05: 23 NYCRR 500 – How the Next 30 Days Can Change Your Company Forever
Updating your IT Infrastructure doesn't have to be a do-it-yourself project.
With MDS, you can focus on growing your business while we take care of the technology. Our engineers go beyond standard canned offerings by creating end-to-end project solutions tailored to fit your organization's specific needs.
MDS experts are available 24/7 and have a wide range of skills that allow you to harness the power of a large IT team, without the overhead.