MDS BlogThe Latest in IT Innovation
Best Practices for Ransomware Prevention —01 The Best Backup Not all backups are alike, and you must choose wisely when finding the right backup for your business. For the highest level of security, you want not just your servers and applications backed up, but also...read more
We all know Microsoft continuously updates new capabilities to it’s Office 365 suites. And this also proves true for Teams — the new chat-based workspace in Office 365—along with the tools that teams need—so they can easily collaborate to achieve more. The latest update now means Skype and Outlook can now be used directly within Teams itself.read more
$10 Million Cyber Attack Hits New York Hospital 13 Feburary, 2018 Erie County Medical Center didn't pay a nearly $30,000 ransom demand to the perpetrators of a massive cyber attack in April, but the intrusion that brought down the hospital's computer systems will...read more
The code’s availability allows hackers to analyze and exploit its internal structure for installing malware.read more
Machine learning will make sense of the security threats your organization faces and help your staff focus on more valuable, strategic tasks.read more
In 2017, ITRC counted 1,579 U.S. breaches, up 45 percent from 2016. That doesn’t reflect every U.S. data breach last year. Rather, it’s a count based on the data breach notifications that an organization is legally required to issue to authorities or residents of most states, if it suspects that their personal details may have been exposed (see Health Data Breach Tally Update: A Puzzling Omission).read more
- 13: Best Ransomware Prevention Practices
- 13: The New Microsoft Team’s means it’s is Better Than Ever
- 12: “It’s not you, it’s me!”
- 12: 10,000,000 Cyber Attack
- 09: How To Protect Yourself From the iPhone Source Code Leak
- 08: 5 Top Machine Learning Use Cases for Security
- 02: US Data Breaches Hit All-Time High
- 29: Facebook starts polishing its privacy messaging ahead of GDPR
- 29: Hey Alexa, Am I Under Attack?
- 26: Ford files a patent for an autonomous police car
- 11: Rolling with the Punches
- 11: The Future of Intelligent Communications
- 05: Everything You Should Know about Meltdown & Spectre
- 22: Bitcoin Tumbles More than 25% as Sharks ‘Beginning to Circle
- 18: Needle in the Haystack (0)
- 15: Everyday Artificial Intelligence
- 15: Hey Cortana, Schedule My Meeting!
- 13: Did You Know: Azure Active Directory Connect Vulnerability
- 11: It Can Only Be Attributed to Human Error
- 08: Why Is Bitcoin Price So High?
- 20: Your Email is Getting Smarter: LinkedIn integrations in Outlook.com
- 01: A Look at Microsoft’s Future in Cybersecurity
- 23: Getting Better All the Time
- 19: How to fix the KRACK WPA Wifi Vulnerability (0)
- 19: Ensuring Application Security With VMware AppDefense
- 16: Amazon and Microsoft Join Forces on A.I, Leaving Google Behind
- 16: Should I Update? Windows 10 Fall Creators Cheat Sheet
- 12: Too Many Passwords, Too Little Time (0)
- 06: Spectrum of Risk & Mobile Security
- 26: A Million Years in a Second
- 26: Decrypt Marsjoke aka Polyglot (0)
- 26: Decrypt Marlboro (0)
- 19: Less of Moore’s Law?
- 11: Shelter from the Storm: Disaster Recovery
- 08: Is There Anybody Out There?
- 08: A Touch of Evil
- 07: Please Put That On His Tab
- 01: Farming in the Cloud
- 28: Artificially Intelligent Green Energy? Yes!
- 25: How to meet GDPR in 5 Steps
- 24: We Are The Robots (0)
- 24: PIA DPIA Assessment (0)
- 21: See You on the Bright Side of the Moon
- 17: Beam Me Up Scotty
- 16: Should I build a million dollar wall around a two dollar asset?
- 15: To Wi-Fi or Not to Wi-Fi
- 14: Don’t Be Long in the Tooth!
- 10: Schrödinger’s Cat and Quantum Cryptology
- 10: What Skype Can Do for You, Today.
- 08: NIST – Time to Comply!
- 07: Do You Have an Incidence Response Team?
- 03: Identity is the New Security
- 01: Introducing Microsoft 365
- 31: Nobody is Safe
- 27: SEC OCIE | Cybersecurity Ransomware Alert
- 27: CASB
- 25: GDPR – Don’t Tread On My Data
- 24: Ransomware: Only A Click Away
- 05: 23 NYCRR 500 – How the Next 30 Days Can Change Your Company Forever
Updating your IT Infrastructure doesn't have to be a do-it-yourself project.
With MDS, you can focus on growing your business while we take care of the technology. Our engineers go beyond standard canned offerings by creating end-to-end project solutions tailored to fit your organization's specific needs.
MDS experts are available 24/7 and have a wide range of skills that allow you to harness the power of a large IT team, without the overhead.