MDS BlogThe Latest in IT Innovation
A group of hackers linked to Russian spy agencies are using "internet of things" devices like internet-connected phones and printers to break into corporate networks, Microsoft announced on Monday. Fancy Bear never hibernates: The Russian hackers, who go by names like...read more
The alleged hacker behind one of the biggest ever cyberattacks on a bank then boasted about what she’d done on Twitter and Slack, according to the FBI. The news: The personal data of 100 million Americans and six million Canadians Capital One customers was stolen,...read more
Microsoft and OpenAI signed a partnership on Monday, in which Microsoft will be investing $1 billion as part of the long-term project to tackle more complex issues of artificial intelligence (AI). The teams are looking to work closely together and create a more...read more
Amazon is embarking on a $700 million effort to retrain its U.S. workforce, in a high-profile acknowledgment of the impact of technology and automation on jobs and the workforce. The company says it will spend the money over the next five years to “upskill” roughly...read more
Video conferencing giant Zoom has published a patch for its Mac client removing a rogue web server from users’ computers that allowed any website to join a video call without permission. News of the vulnerability first emerged Monday after software engineer and...read more
British Airways is facing the prospect of a £183.4m fine following a cyberattack against its systems last year. The proposed record penalty from the Information Commissioner's Office comes following a data breach which is thought to have affected hundreds of thousands...read more
Some of the biggest names in AI research have laid out a road map suggesting how machine learning can help save our planet and humanity from imminent peril. The report covers possible machine-learning interventions in 13 domains, from electricity systems to farms and...read more
Dive Brief: Six in 10 IT professionals say the number of impersonators trying to scam their companies via email rose in the last 12 months, according to a survey of 1,000 IT decision-makers from email security company Mimecast. That number grew by more than half, up...read more
Silicon Valley is entering a new phase in its quest for diversity and inclusion in the technology industry. Some advocates call this part “the end of the beginning,” Code2040 CEO Karla Monterroso tells TechCrunch. At first, advocates were focused on calling out the...read more
Two-factor authentication, the added security step that requires people enter a code sent to their phone or email, has traditionally worked to keep usernames and passwords safe from phishing attacks. However, security experts have demonstrated an automated phishing...read more
Microsoft is doubling down on its commitment to cut operational carbon emissions by 75% in the next 11 years. In a blog post this evening, company president Brad Smith outlined the steps Microsoft will take to “address sustainability challenges” in a “tech-first”...read more
It's been nearly two weeks since the City of Baltimore's networks were shut down in response to a ransomware attack, and there's still no end in sight to the attack's impact. It may be weeks more before the city's services return to something resembling normal—manual...read more
MDS Blog Archives
- 30: A hacker stole the personal data of 100M Capital One customers
- 26: Microsoft to Invest a Whopping $1 Billion in OpenAI Partnership
- 15: Amazon commits $700M to retrain 100k employees
- 10: Zoom flaw allowed websites to turn on webcams without permission
- 08: British Airways faces record fine for customer data breach
- 01: Here are 10 ways AI could help fight climate change
- 28: Cyberattacks by email impersonators are on the rise
- 26: The future of diversity & inclusion in tech
- 05: Hackers can bypass two-factor authentication with new scam
- 29: Microsoft datacenters to use 60% renewable energy by 2020
- 22: Baltimore ransomware nightmare could last weeks more
- 20: A tiny four-winged robotic insect flies more like the real thing
- 15: Two years after WannaCry, a million computers remain at risk
- 13: How Google, Apple, Facebook & Microsoft are doing privacy
- 07: MDS Blog: Forget Your Passwords, Folks!
- 02: BEC Hack Cons Catholic Church out of $1.75 Million
- 01: MDS Blog: The Privacy Project
- 29: CIOs reveal their biggest tech headaches & how they fix them
- 25: Facebook broke Canadian privacy law, according to regulators
- 23: How Microsoft is using Azure to build a more sustainable world
- 22: What you missed this week in cybersecurity
- 18: Ecuador faced 40 million cyberattacks after giving up Assange
- 12: Malware infects a second critical infrastructure site
- 12: 5 Essential Cybersecurity Best Practices to Follow as a Remote Employee
- 08: How the EverCrypt Library Created Hacker-Proof Cryptography
- 08: Human Error, We Meet Again – Cyber security Basics
- 05: Windows 7 users start to decline as Windows 10 reaches all-time high
- 03: Medical Practice Forced to Close Following Ransomware Attack
- 01: Privacy becomes a selling point for tech
- 28: Microsoft sues to take control of domains involved in Iran hacking campaign
- 27: MDS Blog: Microsoft Cloud Service Provider (CSP) Benefits
- 26: Hackers Hijacked ASUS Software Updates on Thousands of Computers
- 25: What we can learn from Facebook’s password management
- 22: Facebook stored hundreds of millions of passwords in plain text
- 21: MDS Blog: Microsoft Compliance Manager
- 20: AI, BI and Data: Who’s Going To Win by 2020? (0)
- 19: The United States of Artificial Intelligence Startups
- 18: A huge trove of medical records and prescriptions found exposed
- 14: SD-WAN: 10 essential considerations
- 13: Amazon fuels Harvard hospital’s machine learning research program
- 13: Blind users can now explore photos by touch with Microsoft’s Seeing AI
- 12: Iranian-backed hackers stole data from U.S. government contractor
- 12: Sir Tim Berners-Lee, inventor of the web, calls for ‘fight’ against hacking and abuse on its 30th birthday
- 11: Dozens of companies leaked sensitive data thanks to misconfigured Box accounts
- 08: The Top Five Cybersecurity Strategies for Cloud
- 07: Microsoft reportedly exploring new partnership with VMware
- 06: Triton is the world’s most murderous malware, and it’s spreading
- 05: How virtual reality is transforming HR
- 04: U.S. companies put record number of robots to work in 2018
- 01: Thousands of people in Sweden get microchip implants
- 28: Blockchain: Back to the Drawing Board?
- 27: Dow Jones’ watchlist of 2.4 million high-risk individuals has leaked
- 27: How SD-WAN can improve your security strategy
- 26: How data governance can support data privacy compliance
- 25: Three Things to Know About Cybersecurity in 2019
- 22: How Can the New Windows 10 Office App Help Me?
- 22: 10 Principles for Modernizing Your Company’s Technology
- 21: Why Shared Service Centers Are Growing in Size and Value
- 20: Company sues employee after she falls for $250,000 CEO fraud scam
- 20: Google acquires a small cloud start-up
- 19: The Future of Compliance and Data Privacy
- 15: Hacker who stole 620 million records strikes again, stealing 127 million more
- 15: Google & IBM trying desperately to move cloud market-share needle
- 14: When will we have flying cards? Maybe sooner than you think.
- 12: 5 Big Technology Innovations of 2019
- 11: Think the boss send you a meeting request? Your password might be stolen.
- 08: Google Makes it Easier to Encrypt Data
- 07: Is end-of-life infrastructure leaving you vulnerable to security breaches?
- 06: Big companies are not becoming data-driven fast enough
- 05: Google Home can now translate conversations on-the-fly
- 01: This robot valet will soon be parking your car at the airport
- 01: Let’s save the bees with machine learning
- 31: A Robot Teaches Itself to Play Jenga. But It’s No Game.
- 28: Google and IAB ad category lists show “massive leakage of highly intimate data”, GDPR complaint claims
- 22: Google fined $57m by French regulator for breaching GDPR
- 17: 773 million email addresses have been leaked
- 07: Microsoft to add two new Microsoft 365 security, compliance bundles to its line-up
- 03: Here’s what to expect in cybersecurity in 2019
- 27: Amazon announces a record-breaking holiday, ‘tens of millions’ of new Prime subscribers
- 21: The GPS wars have begun
- 20: 3D-printed heads let hackers – and cops – unlock your phone
- 14: Facebook bug exposed up to 6.8M users’ unposted photos to apps
- 10: Google+ to shut down 4 months early after latest data leak
- 30: Marriott reveals massive database breach affecting millions
- 29: AWS is bringing the cloud on prem with Outposts
- 27: Microsoft details the causes of recent MFA meltdown
- 27: US Postal Service exposes the data of 60 million users
- 27: Microsoft dethrones Apple to become most valuable US company
- 20: Amazon Web Services tries to make it even harder to leave your cloud storage buckets unlocked
- 19: If You’re Online, You’re Getting Scammed
- 15: When will Microsoft end support for your version of Windows or Office?
- 15: Official Google G Suite Twitter account is latest hacking victim in Bitcoin scam
- 01: End of Life: Dates You Should Remember
- 26: Breaching News: Week of 10/26/2018
- 25: Data Governance & Regulatory Compliance Panel Discussion
- 19: Breaching News: Week of 10/19/2018
- 16: Cybersecurity On Wheels: IBM’s Latest Venture
- 12: Breaching News: Week of 10/12/18
- 09: 5 Ways to Prevent Social Engineering Attacks
- 03: Are you under attack? Social engineering, explained.
- 01: Five Steps to Prevent Ransomware Attacks
- 01: So long Skype, and hello Teams!
- 21: Skype calling is coming to Amazon’s Alexa devices
- 15: Google and EU Fight France Over ‘Right to Be Forgotten’
- 19: Uber hires first chief privacy officer in light of GDPR
- 18: 5 Things You Need to Know about the September DFS Deadlines (23 NYC 500)
- 11: Microsoft unveils Surface Go to take on iPad
- 05: Blockchain for Beginners: 5 Things You Should Know
- 02: California passes landmark data privacy bill to protect consumers
- 21: Germany plans to put Airbus and flying taxi concept in the sky
- 20: Bithumb Hacked – $30 Million In Cryptocurrency Stolen (0)
- 14: Step by Step Guide To Set Up Office 365 Videos (0)
- 13: Step by Step Guide to Set Up Office 365 for Business (0)
- 11: Net neutrality is dead — what now?
- 31: Why Are We So Bad at Cybersecurity? It’s Mostly Neglect.
- 27: What to do if you missed the GDPR deadline
- 25: VPNFilter Botnet
- 18: How can Office 365 phishing threats be addressed?
- 14: 5 big challenges that edge computing can resolve
- 19: VMware to end General Support for ESXi 5.5 September 2018
- 04: How to Become GDPR Compliant in 10 Steps
- 30: Suspected WannaCry attack hits Boeing, Facebook will give out less data, and more trending news
- 20: Warning – Embrace Windows as a Service now or feel the pain later
- 12: Microsoft Teams will integrate with Cortana, add transcription and translation features
- 08: Church of England puts a stop to ransomware with Darktrace
- 05: How to Meet DFS 23 NYCRR 500 Cyber Security Regulation
- 26: New York is Quietly Working to Prevent a Major Cyber Attack
- 13: Best Ransomware Prevention Practices
- 13: The New Microsoft Team’s means it’s is Better Than Ever
- 12: “It’s not you, it’s me!”
- 12: 10,000,000 Cyber Attack
- 09: How To Protect Yourself From the iPhone Source Code Leak
- 08: 5 Top Machine Learning Use Cases for Security
- 02: US Data Breaches Hit All-Time High
- 29: Facebook starts polishing its privacy messaging ahead of GDPR
- 29: Hey Alexa, Am I Under Attack?
- 26: Ford files a patent for an autonomous police car
- 11: Rolling with the Punches
- 11: The Future of Intelligent Communications
- 05: Everything You Should Know about Meltdown & Spectre
- 22: Bitcoin Tumbles More than 25% as Sharks ‘Beginning to Circle
- 18: Needle in the Haystack (0)
- 15: Everyday Artificial Intelligence
- 15: Hey Cortana, Schedule My Meeting!
- 13: Did You Know: Azure Active Directory Connect Vulnerability
- 11: It Can Only Be Attributed to Human Error
- 08: Why Is Bitcoin Price So High?
- 20: Your Email is Getting Smarter: LinkedIn integrations in Outlook.com
- 01: A Look at Microsoft’s Future in Cybersecurity
- 23: Getting Better All the Time
- 19: How to fix the KRACK WPA Wifi Vulnerability (0)
- 19: Ensuring Application Security With VMware AppDefense
- 16: Amazon and Microsoft Join Forces on A.I, Leaving Google Behind
- 16: Should I Update? Windows 10 Fall Creators Cheat Sheet
- 12: Too Many Passwords, Too Little Time (0)
- 06: Spectrum of Risk & Mobile Security
- 26: A Million Years in a Second
- 26: Decrypt Marsjoke aka Polyglot (0)
- 26: Decrypt Marlboro (0)
- 19: Less of Moore’s Law?
- 11: Shelter from the Storm: Disaster Recovery
- 08: Is There Anybody Out There?
- 08: A Touch of Evil
- 07: Please Put That On His Tab
- 01: Farming in the Cloud
- 28: Artificially Intelligent Green Energy? Yes!
- 25: How to meet GDPR in 5 Steps
- 24: We Are The Robots (0)
- 24: PIA DPIA Assessment (0)
- 21: See You on the Bright Side of the Moon
- 17: Beam Me Up Scotty
- 16: Should I build a million dollar wall around a two dollar asset?
- 15: To Wi-Fi or Not to Wi-Fi
- 14: Don’t Be Long in the Tooth!
- 10: Schrödinger’s Cat and Quantum Cryptology
- 10: What Skype Can Do for You, Today.
- 08: NIST – Time to Comply!
- 07: Do You Have an Incidence Response Team?
- 03: Identity is the New Security
- 01: Introducing Microsoft 365
- 31: Nobody is Safe
- 27: SEC OCIE | Cybersecurity Ransomware Alert
- 27: CASB
- 25: GDPR – Don’t Tread On My Data
- 24: Ransomware: Only A Click Away
- 05: 23 NYCRR 500 – How the Next 30 Days Can Change Your Company Forever
Maureen Data Systems (MDS) is an IT services and solutions company committed to developing custom, streamlined solutions for customers to achieve their business objectives.
MDS structures its highly skilled engineers to align with how our customers consume technology -- with one team responsible for infrastructure, another heading up productivity and applications, and a third committed to identity and security solutions.
Whether you are buying a server or implementing a global hybrid cloud system, MDS will find the right IT solution for your business.
For more information, download your MDS Line Card here.
August 20, 2019 - NYC
Beyond Prevention: Detecting & Responding to Cyberthreats
September 3, 2019 - Kingston, Jamaica
Enhance Your Business with Microsoft & MDS
September 10, 2019 - Webinar
Understanding Risk & Business Information in Office365
October 2, 2019 - NYC
Dive Deep with Data Analytics & Machine Learning