MDS BlogThe Latest in IT Innovation
Security tips everyone needs to know about Zoom With the coronavirus pandemic forcing millions of people to work, learn, and socialize from home, Zoom conferences are becoming a default method to connect. And with popularity comes abuse. Enter Zoom-bombing, the...
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - An international group of nearly 400 volunteers with expertise in cybersecurity formed on Wednesday to fight hacking related to the novel coronavirus. Called the COVID-19 CTI League, for cyber threat intelligence, the group spans more than 40...
This month, Microsoft and partners from 35 countries took steps to disrupt a botnet behind the world's largest cybercrime network. The botnet, Necurs, has infected an estimated nine million computers worldwide, and it's one of the largest spam email networks,...
At Microsoft [and MDS] our Mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. With more than 1 billion people in the world with disabilities, there is no limit to what people can achieve when technology reflects the diversity of...
Cybercriminals are now partnering with drug cartels across Latin America to attack financial institutions and governments, leveraging a wide variety of scams and malware to make millions, according to a new report from cybersecurity firm IntSights. The company did a...
Weathering storms over privacy concerns, hate speech and and racial inequities in AI, the tech industry is facing a reckoning. At the same time, there exist so many reasons to believe there is hope. Here are 17 of them. They recognize that moving forward with the...
The European Union is set to release new regulations for artificial intelligence that are expected to focus on transparency and oversight as the region seeks to differentiate its approach from those of the United States and China. On Wednesday, EU technology chief...
With some analysts projecting a trillion IoT-enabled devices to be in use around the world by 2035, defending the IoT ecosystem is becoming more crucial as emerging technologies spread across business sectors and spark the development of smarter cities, homes and...
The NY Department of Financial Services Cybersecurity Regulation, 23 N.Y. Comp. Code R. & Regs. § 500, provides for the protection of customer information and information technology systems of Covered Entities, in recognition of the “ever-growing threat posed to...
Cybercriminals are taking advantage of global fears surrounding the deadly coronvavirus by sending out malware-laden emails supposedly offering guidance. Multiple email campaigns have been detected by security firms monitoring for the latest threats, all of which use...
Common and evolving strategies include the use of zero-font attacks, homograph attacks, and new tactics for fake attachments. As email security providers strengthen their defenses, attackers develop new ways to work around them. A new report from Inky sheds light on...
In a modern workplace where the average enterprise is using over 1,500 different cloud apps, and more than 80 gigabytes of data is being uploaded monthly to risky apps from business endpoint devices, the ability of IT and compliance administrators to manage and...
MDS Blog Archives
- 31: Cybersecurity experts fight coronavirus-related hacking
- 30: Microsoft disrupts a botnet that infected 9 million computers
- 25: Tech For Working From Home & Mental Wellbeing
- 10: Cybercriminals & drug cartels are spreading malware in Latin America
- 03: 17 Women In Tech Who Are Transforming The Industry
- 28: EU’s new AI rules will focus on ethics and transparency
- 18: Cisco On The Future Of Safe And Smart Cities
- 10: Enforcement of the NY DFS Cybersecurity Regulation Coming Soon
- 03: Coronavirus malware infects thousands of devices worldwide
- 29: New Report Spotlights Changes in Phishing Techniques
- 23: Block Access to Unsanctioned Apps with Microsoft Security
- 13: The Iran Cyber Warfare Threat: Everything You Need To Know
- 07: California’s Privacy Law Is In Effect. Now What?
- 17: The 10 most important cyberattacks of the decade
- 12: A new Windows 10 ransomware threat?
- 10: Seafaring drones are mapping the ocean’s floor
- 02: Hackers demand $14M to unlock systems for nursing homes across US
- 25: California’s IoT Security Law: Why it Matters
- 22: The cost of cybersecurity and how to budget for it
- 19: 33 Alarming Cybercrime Statistics You Should Know
- 15: Dell using VMware’s blockchain to track recycled plastic
- 13: Introducing Azure FarmBeats: Democratizing agriculture intelligence
- 11: Companies vastly overestimating their GDPR readiness
- 07: New innovations in security, compliance, and identity
- 28: Motive doesn’t matter: The three types of insider threats
- 21: New privacy law in New York affects employers there and beyond
- 15: Cybersecurity requires the right tools, not more tools
- 27: 5 things to do if you were affected by the DoorDash data breach
- 25: Opinion: How Wi-Fi Almost Didn’t Happen
- 24: 8 Best Practices for Working Remotely
- 17: Walt Disney Studios partners with Microsoft Azure
- 16: 2 in 5 Enterprises Lose Business Due to Cybersecurity Performance
- 10: Survey finds a spike in healthcare cyberattacks
- 29: Using multi-factor authentication blocks 99.9% of account hacks
- 27: These are the companies that hackers impersonate
- 26: Ransomware Attack Hits 22 Texas Towns, Authorities Say
- 19: Study: Increase in Phishing Attacks on State & Local Governments
- 06: Russian hackers are infiltrating companies via the office printer
- 30: A hacker stole the personal data of 100M Capital One customers
- 26: Microsoft to Invest a Whopping $1 Billion in OpenAI Partnership
- 15: Amazon commits $700M to retrain 100k employees
- 10: Zoom flaw allowed websites to turn on webcams without permission
- 08: British Airways faces record fine for customer data breach
- 01: Here are 10 ways AI could help fight climate change
- 28: Cyberattacks by email impersonators are on the rise
- 26: The future of diversity & inclusion in tech
- 05: Hackers can bypass two-factor authentication with new scam
- 29: Microsoft datacenters to use 60% renewable energy by 2020
- 22: Baltimore ransomware nightmare could last weeks more
- 20: A tiny four-winged robotic insect flies more like the real thing
- 15: Two years after WannaCry, a million computers remain at risk
- 13: How Google, Apple, Facebook & Microsoft are doing privacy
- 07: MDS Blog: Forget Your Passwords, Folks!
- 02: BEC Hack Cons Catholic Church out of $1.75 Million
- 01: MDS Blog: The Privacy Project
- 29: CIOs reveal their biggest tech headaches & how they fix them
- 25: Facebook broke Canadian privacy law, according to regulators
- 23: How Microsoft is using Azure to build a more sustainable world
- 22: What you missed this week in cybersecurity
- 18: Ecuador faced 40 million cyberattacks after giving up Assange
- 12: Malware infects a second critical infrastructure site
- 12: 5 Essential Cybersecurity Best Practices to Follow as a Remote Employee
- 08: How the EverCrypt Library Created Hacker-Proof Cryptography
- 08: Human Error, We Meet Again – Cyber security Basics
- 05: Windows 7 users start to decline as Windows 10 reaches all-time high
- 03: Medical Practice Forced to Close Following Ransomware Attack
- 01: Privacy becomes a selling point for tech
- 28: Microsoft sues to take control of domains involved in Iran hacking campaign
- 27: MDS Blog: Microsoft Cloud Service Provider (CSP) Benefits
- 26: Hackers Hijacked ASUS Software Updates on Thousands of Computers
- 25: What we can learn from Facebook’s password management
- 22: Facebook stored hundreds of millions of passwords in plain text
- 21: MDS Blog: Microsoft Compliance Manager
- 20: AI, BI and Data: Who’s Going To Win by 2020? (0)
- 19: The United States of Artificial Intelligence Startups
- 18: A huge trove of medical records and prescriptions found exposed
- 14: SD-WAN: 10 essential considerations
- 13: Amazon fuels Harvard hospital’s machine learning research program
- 13: Blind users can now explore photos by touch with Microsoft’s Seeing AI
- 12: Iranian-backed hackers stole data from U.S. government contractor
- 12: Sir Tim Berners-Lee, inventor of the web, calls for ‘fight’ against hacking and abuse on its 30th birthday
- 11: Dozens of companies leaked sensitive data thanks to misconfigured Box accounts
- 08: The Top Five Cybersecurity Strategies for Cloud
- 07: Microsoft reportedly exploring new partnership with VMware
- 06: Triton is the world’s most murderous malware, and it’s spreading
- 05: How virtual reality is transforming HR
- 04: U.S. companies put record number of robots to work in 2018
- 01: Thousands of people in Sweden get microchip implants
- 28: Blockchain: Back to the Drawing Board?
- 27: Dow Jones’ watchlist of 2.4 million high-risk individuals has leaked
- 27: How SD-WAN can improve your security strategy
- 26: How data governance can support data privacy compliance
- 25: Three Things to Know About Cybersecurity in 2019
- 22: How Can the New Windows 10 Office App Help Me?
- 22: 10 Principles for Modernizing Your Company’s Technology
- 21: Why Shared Service Centers Are Growing in Size and Value
- 20: Company sues employee after she falls for $250,000 CEO fraud scam
- 20: Google acquires a small cloud start-up
- 19: The Future of Compliance and Data Privacy
- 15: Hacker who stole 620 million records strikes again, stealing 127 million more
- 15: Google & IBM trying desperately to move cloud market-share needle
- 14: When will we have flying cards? Maybe sooner than you think.
- 12: 5 Big Technology Innovations of 2019
- 11: Think the boss send you a meeting request? Your password might be stolen.
- 08: Google Makes it Easier to Encrypt Data
- 07: Is end-of-life infrastructure leaving you vulnerable to security breaches?
- 06: Big companies are not becoming data-driven fast enough
- 05: Google Home can now translate conversations on-the-fly
- 01: This robot valet will soon be parking your car at the airport
- 01: Let’s save the bees with machine learning
- 31: A Robot Teaches Itself to Play Jenga. But It’s No Game.
- 28: Google and IAB ad category lists show “massive leakage of highly intimate data”, GDPR complaint claims
- 22: Google fined $57m by French regulator for breaching GDPR
- 17: 773 million email addresses have been leaked
- 07: Microsoft to add two new Microsoft 365 security, compliance bundles to its line-up
- 03: Here’s what to expect in cybersecurity in 2019
- 27: Amazon announces a record-breaking holiday, ‘tens of millions’ of new Prime subscribers
- 21: The GPS wars have begun
- 20: 3D-printed heads let hackers – and cops – unlock your phone
- 14: Facebook bug exposed up to 6.8M users’ unposted photos to apps
- 10: Google+ to shut down 4 months early after latest data leak
- 30: Marriott reveals massive database breach affecting millions
- 29: AWS is bringing the cloud on prem with Outposts
- 27: Microsoft details the causes of recent MFA meltdown
- 27: US Postal Service exposes the data of 60 million users
- 27: Microsoft dethrones Apple to become most valuable US company
- 20: Amazon Web Services tries to make it even harder to leave your cloud storage buckets unlocked
- 19: If You’re Online, You’re Getting Scammed
- 15: When will Microsoft end support for your version of Windows or Office?
- 15: Official Google G Suite Twitter account is latest hacking victim in Bitcoin scam
- 01: End of Life: Dates You Should Remember
- 26: Breaching News: Week of 10/26/2018
- 25: Data Governance & Regulatory Compliance Panel Discussion
- 19: Breaching News: Week of 10/19/2018
- 16: Cybersecurity On Wheels: IBM’s Latest Venture
- 12: Breaching News: Week of 10/12/18
- 09: 5 Ways to Prevent Social Engineering Attacks
- 03: Are you under attack? Social engineering, explained.
- 01: Five Steps to Prevent Ransomware Attacks
- 01: So long Skype, and hello Teams!
- 21: Skype calling is coming to Amazon’s Alexa devices
- 15: Google and EU Fight France Over ‘Right to Be Forgotten’
- 19: Uber hires first chief privacy officer in light of GDPR
- 18: 5 Things You Need to Know about the September DFS Deadlines (23 NYC 500)
- 11: Microsoft unveils Surface Go to take on iPad
- 05: Blockchain for Beginners: 5 Things You Should Know
- 02: California passes landmark data privacy bill to protect consumers
- 21: Germany plans to put Airbus and flying taxi concept in the sky
- 20: Bithumb Hacked – $30 Million In Cryptocurrency Stolen (0)
- 14: Step by Step Guide To Set Up Office 365 Videos (0)
- 13: Step by Step Guide to Set Up Office 365 for Business (0)
- 11: Net neutrality is dead — what now?
- 31: Why Are We So Bad at Cybersecurity? It’s Mostly Neglect.
- 27: What to do if you missed the GDPR deadline
- 25: VPNFilter Botnet
- 18: How can Office 365 phishing threats be addressed?
- 14: 5 big challenges that edge computing can resolve
- 19: VMware to end General Support for ESXi 5.5 September 2018
- 04: How to Become GDPR Compliant in 10 Steps
- 30: Suspected WannaCry attack hits Boeing, Facebook will give out less data, and more trending news
- 20: Warning – Embrace Windows as a Service now or feel the pain later
- 12: Microsoft Teams will integrate with Cortana, add transcription and translation features
- 08: Church of England puts a stop to ransomware with Darktrace
- 05: How to Meet DFS 23 NYCRR 500 Cyber Security Regulation
- 26: New York is Quietly Working to Prevent a Major Cyber Attack
- 13: Best Ransomware Prevention Practices
- 13: The New Microsoft Team’s means it’s is Better Than Ever
- 12: “It’s not you, it’s me!”
- 12: 10,000,000 Cyber Attack
- 09: How To Protect Yourself From the iPhone Source Code Leak
- 08: 5 Top Machine Learning Use Cases for Security
- 02: US Data Breaches Hit All-Time High
- 29: Facebook starts polishing its privacy messaging ahead of GDPR
- 29: Hey Alexa, Am I Under Attack?
- 26: Ford files a patent for an autonomous police car
- 11: Rolling with the Punches
- 11: The Future of Intelligent Communications
- 05: Everything You Should Know about Meltdown & Spectre
- 22: Bitcoin Tumbles More than 25% as Sharks ‘Beginning to Circle
- 18: Needle in the Haystack (0)
- 15: Everyday Artificial Intelligence
- 15: Hey Cortana, Schedule My Meeting!
- 13: Did You Know: Azure Active Directory Connect Vulnerability
- 11: It Can Only Be Attributed to Human Error
- 08: Why Is Bitcoin Price So High?
- 20: Your Email is Getting Smarter: LinkedIn integrations in Outlook.com
- 01: A Look at Microsoft’s Future in Cybersecurity
- 23: Getting Better All the Time
- 19: How to fix the KRACK WPA Wifi Vulnerability (0)
- 19: Ensuring Application Security With VMware AppDefense
- 16: Amazon and Microsoft Join Forces on A.I, Leaving Google Behind
- 16: Should I Update? Windows 10 Fall Creators Cheat Sheet
- 12: Too Many Passwords, Too Little Time (0)
- 06: Spectrum of Risk & Mobile Security
- 26: A Million Years in a Second
- 26: Decrypt Marsjoke aka Polyglot (0)
- 26: Decrypt Marlboro (0)
- 19: Less of Moore’s Law?
- 11: Shelter from the Storm: Disaster Recovery
- 08: Is There Anybody Out There?
- 08: A Touch of Evil
- 07: Please Put That On His Tab
- 01: Farming in the Cloud
- 28: Artificially Intelligent Green Energy? Yes!
- 25: How to meet GDPR in 5 Steps
- 24: We Are The Robots (0)
- 24: PIA DPIA Assessment (0)
- 21: See You on the Bright Side of the Moon
- 17: Beam Me Up Scotty
- 16: Should I build a million dollar wall around a two dollar asset?
- 15: To Wi-Fi or Not to Wi-Fi
- 14: Don’t Be Long in the Tooth!
- 10: Schrödinger’s Cat and Quantum Cryptology
- 10: What Skype Can Do for You, Today.
- 08: NIST – Time to Comply!
- 07: Do You Have an Incidence Response Team?
- 03: Identity is the New Security
- 01: Introducing Microsoft 365
- 31: Nobody is Safe
- 27: SEC OCIE | Cybersecurity Ransomware Alert
- 27: CASB
- 25: GDPR – Don’t Tread On My Data
- 24: Ransomware: Only A Click Away
- 05: 23 NYCRR 500 – How the Next 30 Days Can Change Your Company Forever
Maureen Data Systems (MDS) is an IT services and solutions company committed to developing custom, streamlined solutions for customers to achieve their business objectives.
MDS structures its highly skilled engineers to align with how our customers consume technology -- with one team responsible for infrastructure, another heading up productivity and applications, and a third committed to identity and security solutions.
Whether you are buying a server or implementing a global hybrid cloud system, MDS will find the right IT solution for your business.
For more information, download your MDS Line Card here.
April 7, 2020 - Webinar
Microsoft Power Platform: Empowering Businesses Workshop with MDS
April 16, 2020 - Webinar
Stay Online: Remote Access Webinar with MDS
April 28, 2020 - Webinar
Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity: How Effective is Your Plan?