Do you have an Incidence Response Team?
By Michael Fiorito, MDS
It’s Monday, not even 9AM yet. You’re mobile won’t stop ringing. You’re getting flooded with emails.
The CEO is looking to you for answers. After all, you are the CIO and your organization has been the victim of a malicious security attack.
Do you have an Incidence Response team?
If you did, you’d be prepared to address the following:
• Maintaining business continuity
• Protecting your reputation and employee morale
• Avoiding fines, legal fees, and remediation costs
Learn How MDS Proactive Threat Hunting can help You Establish an Incident Response Program - Download Now:
Here are a few statistics to quantify the impact of security incidents:
• Sixty percent of the time, attackers are able to compromise an organization within minutes
• The current industry estimate for the time to detection (TTD) of security incidents is 100 to 200 days
• On average, 3 percent of security incidents result in a confirmed data breach
• The average global cost of a data breach per lost or stolen record is $154.4
• Costs associated with lost business as the result of a breach average $1.57 million
• Brand value could decline more than 31 percent depending on the type of data breach
The core elements of an incident response program are straightforward to understand and quick to establish.
MDS can help you outline the critical processes and major roles within an incident response program so that your organization is prepared.