Azure Practice Lead
Join a team of passionate thought leaders in a dynamic and collaborative environment! MDS’s Intelligent Cloud team is growing fast and we’re looking for our next Azure Practice Lead to join us.
What impact will you have in this role?
The Azure Practice Lead provides quality assurance and technical delivery oversight for Azure projects across our client regions in North America and LATAM, as well as participating in all strategic, growth, and core account planning activities, facilitating sales enablement for the Business Development team. You will be a thought leader who provides strategic guidance to consultants with team building, skills development, and staying relevant in our fast-changing industry.
You will work directly with the other Practice Leads in the North American and LATAM region to develop go-to-market plans that win strategic business. This role reports directly to the MDS CTO.
What will you be doing day-to-day?
- Developing relationships with key Microsoft leaders who provide regional clients with guidance on the adoption of cloud technologies related to Azure & DevOps
- Providing technical oversight and coaching to consultants who are delivering client project work within the region
- Becoming known as a thought leader inside of MDS and in the marketplace by writing blogs, presenting at company-sponsored events, and/or speaking at conferences
- Providing oversight to consultants throughout project delivery by engaging in team communications and offering escalation support and guidance
- Contributing to the growth of our Intelligent Cloud team by interviewing recruits and working with third-party partners as needed to staff and deliver client engagements
- Providing coaching and mentorship to Intelligent Cloud consultants in-region to ensure they are both engaged and prepared to deliver high-quality results for our clients
- Partnering with the Global CoE Lead for Intelligent Cloud to expand the regional consulting workforce and to develop new offerings to take to market
- Participating in practice level planning, go to market strategy development, thought leadership for the Intelligent Cloud Practice
- Engaging with the Workforce Operations team to plan and grow the capabilities of the Intelligent Cloud team to deliver on in region project work
- Engaging with the Regional Business Development team to build strategic account plans for all clients in the region
- Being the ‘go-to’ Intelligent Cloud consulting team leader for sales pursuits in-region, to coordinate people requirements to win opportunities and engage directly with clients as required to win business
- Supporting, and when required, leading sales efforts with client business decision-makers for the Intelligent Cloud practice in the region
- Working with Business Development team members to develop project estimates and deliver presentations to clients
What experience do you need to be successful in this role?
The Azure Practice Lead is a market-making role for MDS. Your success in this role is directly related to your ability to work with both clients and internal stakeholders to articulate a strategic approach to solutions for our client’s business requirements and to work with the Intelligent Cloud team in your region to deliver on the strategy. You have a proven ability to build relationships, think creatively, understand the sale process and drive technology & delivery excellence.
- Experience soliciting customer business and technical requirements
- Experience architecting solutions and estimating the level of efforts
- Leadership of project delivery
- Experience leading and managing a consulting/delivery team
- Experience building a technology delivery team or technology practice, including hiring, goal setting, technical alignment, and delivery approach
What education and certification credentials are needed for this role?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science or other
- 10+ Years of relevant work experience
Does the role require travel?
- Travel within the continental US and LATAM regions is required to collaborate with peers (once safe to do so!).
All employees must act in accordance with MDS’s corporate security standards.
Want to apply?
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why work at Maureen Data Systems (MDS)?
Invest in your future
Focused on you
Our HR team works to ensure you find the right insurance plan for you and your family.
Continue your education
For some positions, professional development and certifications are required and MDS is here to help.
Advance your career
With room to grow within MDS, our culture here rewards hard work and dedication to the MDS team.
Contact an MDS expert