Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Managers at MDS play the lead role in planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing client projects. They are accountable for the entire project scope, project team, resources, and the success or failure of the project. A Senior Project Manager, with the help of their team, is charged with multiple responsibilities that span the five project phases of a project life cycle (initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, and closing).
- Delivering high to very high complexity and size projects that span across the business and IT
- Quickly understanding how the client does business to navigate their organization and demonstrate value
- Actively planning and managing projects holistically around schedule, scope, cost, resource health, and the risks that may arise
- Collaborating with stakeholders while leading key Waterfall or Agile meetings such as kickoff, status/daily stand-ups, sprint planning, key steering, and leadership reviews, and more to ensure successful project delivery
- Creating and owning schedules lining up to program-increments and delivery milestones
- Planning and owning project finances, knowing key payment dates, Cap/OpEx splits, etc.
- Proactively reporting status, scorecard creation, and fulfilling project analysis requests as well as mitigating risks using critical and creative thinking
- Identifying and producing resource plans to set your project up for success
- Identifying, measuring, and managing key project metrics
- Evaluating and passing opportunities to the sales team to drive additional revenue with clients
- Collaborating across functions to produce go-live and post-live operational plans
- Managing executive-level stakeholder relationships
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Management, Engineering, Computer Sciences, or equivalent.
- PMP/PMI certification
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Extensive experience with using project and program planning tools and software packages to create, manage and track project results.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated business acumen and successful experience managing all aspects of programs, including communicating with stakeholders and directing matrixed teams and resources.
- Ability to build accurate forecasts and re-forecast as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language
- Ability to effectively communicate program plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options
- The ability to maintain composure and professionalism under pressure and while dealing with difficult people
Desired Qualifications (Nice to Have)
- Possessing an in-depth knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Understanding of Change Management principles and practices
- Experience completing business analysis
- Experience developing, analyzing, and optimizing business processes
Want to apply?
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why work at Maureen Data Systems (MDS)?
Invest in your future
Focused on you
Our HR team works to ensure you find the right insurance plan for you and your family.
Continue your education
For some positions, professional development and certifications are required and MDS is here to help.
Advance your career
With room to grow within MDS, our culture here rewards hard work and dedication to the MDS team.
Contact an MDS expert